Senior Data Engineer opportunity at a Cotswolds based marketing agency with a long pedigree of helping major B2C clients reach potential targeted clients. Their campaigns are born of intelligent data gathering and delivered digitally directly to consumers.
Great working environment, creative and dynamic teams working collaboratively at pace. The company offers all of the perks you’d hope and expect to find at a creative marketing agency.
The Role :
• To ensure that operational client database services are performed in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
• Ensure that ways of working and all aspects of our delivery to clients are of the highest possible quality.
• Perform key management tasks to assist with the development of a team of individuals
Responsible for :
• Participate in technical designs and design reviews with Team Leader Projects and New Product Development Team.
• Support Quality Team in delivering to RAG (Red, Amber & Green) report following Audits.
• Assist Account Directors in Client Teams in migrating data to developed databases.
• Highlight any system and data issues in the issue log (e.g. slow or non-working screens or jobs, recommend changes highlighted by issues) and to Operations Delivery Manager.
• Maintain version control system to track and securely store all live code.
• Liaise with Account Director to discuss and plan briefs, confirm timings and approach.
• Scheduling and management of your own and your team’s work/client briefs.
• Writing advanced SQL code/queries to deliver counts/reports from any client database.
• Use of database related products and services to deliver data extractions from any client database
• Raise issues in the issues log and escalate issues to Operations Delivery Manager.
• Undertake data quality checking of your own and others work as per quality process in the Quality Management System.
• Direct management responsibility for Data Engineers and Trainee Data Engineers.
• Provide on-going and mentoring sessions to your team members on quality and maintaining standards.
• Ensure that you own your and your team’s issues and that they are resolved, any barriers to this should be highlighted to your Operations Delivery Manager.
• Participate in regular reviews with your line manager and Quality Manager.
• Escalate any concerns over quality to your line manager.
• Attend and participate in internal participate in internal Client Team meetings.
• Holiday or absence cover for the Operations Delivery Manager.
• Mentoring other team members.
Your Skills :
• Proficiency in SQL server 2005 & 2008
• Proficiency in SQL server 2012 (preferred)
• Usage of ESP’s (Email Service Providers)
• Usage of data base extraction tools such as Fast-stats for example
• Microsoft product suite
• Management & Leadership experience
Please contact me if you are interested in applying for this role. firstname.lastname@example.org or 07532 308 125
Apply for Senior Data Engineer - Marketing Agency
or call Ian on 07532 308125.