An exciting opportunity for a senior detabase developer to join a growing and exciting Cotswold based company working in the marketing and CRM service space. This position offers excellent remuneration and corporate benefits as well as good career progression opportunities.
As part of this growing specialist team you will be responsible for developing a number of high profile Marketing and CRM Automation systems delivered as a service to large UK organisations.
The successful candidate will:
• Develop and maintain single customer view marketing database solutions and ad-hoc data projects employing MS SQL, MySQL and Kognitio (ANSI compliant in memory SQL MPP database) plus other third party software packages.
o Set-up ETL processes utilising our extensive suite of data transformation tools
o Set-up automated processes to extract data via APIs from client’s operational platforms
o Set-up and integrate third party marketing automation software tools
o Set-up an integrate ESP platforms to the marketing automation software
o Design and develop KPI reports and dashboards using Excel and BI software tools
o Set-up and integrate digital personalisation software platforms
• Although primarily a development role, it will require a high degree of customer interaction and the successful candidate will be a confident communicator who is able to interact with a range of stakeholders at all levels.
• Design efficient relational structures to hold and manage data
• Design and carry out thorough testing of programs and systems
• Translate defined processing rules into efficient program code
• Produce comprehensive documentation of programs and systems
• Problem solve and identify issues and problems in data and programs
• Take briefs and action data manipulation tasks to format, process, transform and integrate data files
• Incorporate third party packaged software solutions by calling on functionality through standard APIs and ODBC interfaces
• Communicate technical designs, data problems and issues to non technical client and team members
• Head of Technical
• Delivery Team
• Client Service team
• Making decisions regarding most appropriate method to develop a database and associated applications.
• Problem solve and identify issues, bugs and problems in data and programs
• Working through processes step by step to highlight where errors have occurred
Education and Training
• Training courses in any of the technology used e.g. MySQL, FastStats, Qlik, Tableau Name and address processing software is advantageous
• Computer related degree or higher education course is also advantageous
• At least 5 years experience of development of databases preferably in a Direct Marketing environment
• Previous use of the following software packages:
o MS SQL server
o Name and Address Processing software e.g. Capscan or QAS
o ESP Platforms
Other key skills, knowledge and competencies
• Highly self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, strong sense of ownership, drive to learn and master new technologies, and the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
Please contact me if you are interested in applying for this role. firstname.lastname@example.org or 07532 308 125
Apply for Senior Database Developer - Marketing & CRM Agency
or call Ian on 07532 308125.
About Identity Search
Established in 2012, we provide ethical and insightful recruitment to the Design, Marketing and Digital Sector.
We work with agencies and marketing departments in several fields
- Branding (Brand Strategy, Research, Trends, Insight, Innovation and NPD)
- Design (Packaging, Product, Graphic, Retail 3D/Spatial, Corporate Reports)
- Marketing (Campaign, marcomms)
- Data / CRM / Direct Marketing
- Digital (Marketing, Web Design and Development, Web Content, PPC, SEO, eCommerce)
- Consumer events / shows
Creative Industry professionals we support
- Board Members
- Brand Strategists
- Creative Strategists
- Client Service Directors
- Account Directors
- Account Managers
- Account Executives
- New Business Directors, Managers and Developers
- Creative Directors
- Art Directors
- Designers (product, graphic, digital)
- Project Managers
- Studio Managers
- Traffic Managers
- SEO consultants
- PPC consultants
- Web content
- UX / UI designers
Our recruitment services include
- Contingency freelance and permanent recruitment
- Search and selection
We are a small, independent Creative Industry recruitment agency. We offer creative, responsive and flexible solutions. Ian Johnston leads the team and has been an exceptional recruiter for over 15 years in the Design, Branding, Marketing, Digital and IT sectors.